Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Golden Ticket

I live for fashion; I breathe fashion, so I guess it is safe to say that I am in love with fashion! With my dying love for the trend, the creativity, the risk, and the expression that fashion can give, I should take my love for it to a whole other level. Why not start a career in something that I love to do? Starting a career in such a competitive field will not be easy, it takes time, education, motivation and a passion for the art of fashion. There are several of jobs I can obtain such as: fashion writer; people who write for magazines, newspapers, fashion/design, fashion merchandiser, who are the ones who analyze market trends and production cost of a product or opening up my own boutique, I can decided what trends to sell in my boutique and have my vision come alive. Those are some careers just to name a few.

There are a lot of directions I can take in this industry, because there are so many careers to chose from. The top three careers I aspire to become are; Fashion illustrator, fashion stylist, and fashion buyer. Having a career in fashion opens many other opportunities as well, I get to travel the world, attend fashion shows, meet so many new people, and have the chance to make really good money and live a good life.

Fashion Illustrator
  Ever since I was a kid, I loved to draw. I loved to express my mood and creativity through drawing whatever I saw. Drawing gave me the opportunity to take my perspective on what I saw and make them come to life. I started off drawing images of my favorite cartoons and I soon got into drawing my own clothing design. I imaged what types of outfits I would love to see my dolls in and drew amateur sketches of different wardrobes. I also thought ahead of time by sketching out prom dresses and wedding gowns for myself. As I got older I grew out of drawing, I wounded up busy with school and hanging out with friends, but I feel that somewhere inside of me my artistic ability still remained, so why not build a career with two of the things I love; drawing and fashion. That is why I feel that developing a career on fashion illustration will be good for me.

As a fashion illustrator I have the chance to work closely with fashion designers and art directors to create creative and unique visual images. I can use my skill as an artist and my love for fashion to bring these visuals to life. Fashion illustrators have the task to develop eye catching images to impress buyers. 


Fashion Stylist

Ever since I can remember I have always love the idea of dressing someone up. The imagination came from dressing my dolls up and developed into the idea of dressing up my siblings, models, celebrities, and actors. I feel in love with the idea of helping someone who had a vision for the way they desire to look, but did not know how to achieve the look. I wanted to bring people's vision of themselves to life with my sense of style intertwined.

 To love fashion most likely means you have a huge love for picking and choosing outfits and accessories to complete an awesome outfit. If you share these interest then what better job is there than becoming a fashion stylist. I love the idea that people trust my idea and style sense enough to help me help them look good and help bring a photographer or director vision into a reality.  Fashion stylist has the great opportunities to work in photo shoots, commercials, movie sets, print advertisements, and music videos. It is pretty cool because as a stylist you can help translate your clients’ personality into their wardrobes. It sounds like such an exciting feeling that you can help others feel confident in themselves all while enjoying and doing what you love to do.


Fashion Buyer
 I mean who wouldn't love the idea of shopping for a living? not just shopping, but shopping for the next latest trends for the next biggest stores in the world. I would love to have an opportunity to do that. Every girl who loves shopping can understand my enthusiasm for this job.  
Fashion buyers are responsible for deciding what garments will be sold in a store, they are important to their company and the brand. They are also responsible for looking at the clothes and paying attention to the target shoppers. It is an exciting job to know that you can have a vision and are able to make that vision a reality because you can decide which products to place in the store


No comments:

Post a Comment