Friday, March 30, 2012

In Order to be Irreplacable One Must Always be Different

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening" -- Coco Chanel

 I feel like there are more than one meaning to this quote. But I agree that fashion is not just clothes, its inspiration taken from life, street, and everything we do everyday. I can completely relate to this quote because the way I feel about fashion means more than putting a shirt and pants together. When I think of style I apply it with my everyday life, what I see in street style and everyday life. I also think this quote can mean that fashion is created from the inspiration of street, the  sky and our everyday activities. There is runway fashion, couture, and there is street wear; daily wear. While watching an episode of Project Runway, designers were inspired by what they saw in everyday life, art, and what they saw in the streets created outfits with their street inspiration.  I was amazed by what they were able to create just from looking at what we see everyday walking down the street. It definitely goes to show that without inspiration there is no vision and inspiration from everyday life can bring a simple idea into a beautiful garment.


No comments:

Post a Comment